Independent Physical Education (IPE)
Some students may qualify to take Independent PE (IPE) during their middle school years. You may visit the district website to review the IPE Sports Qualification List.
If you review the IPE Sports Qualification List and your student indeed meets the criteria for his/her sport, the IPE Application is available to parents through the link to the left of this message. Please complete the packet with the supporting documentation, signatures etc. Return the completed IPE application packet to DJAMS Site Coordinator listed to the left. IPE applications will be screened for approval in late July/early August.
For the 2023-24 school year, we will once again be supporting families interested in participating in the CUSD Independent Physical Education (IPE) program.
This LINK takes interested student athletes to the form needed to formally apply for IPE in the 2023-24 school year. If you were an IPE student in the 2022-23 school year, you will need to complete the form. 2022-23 IPE students will not be automatically added to the IPE program for the 2023-24 school year. If you plan to compete and apply for IPE as a new IPE student, you will need to complete the linked form below. Please fill out the form and get it to your school site for approval as you prepare for the upcoming school year.
For families that want confirmation of whether or not their IPE application for next year has been approved before everyone leaves for summer vacation, applications must be received by May 15th. Any application received after May 15 will be processed in August. The final date to submit applications for IPE for fall 2023 is August 11th. The deadline to submit IPE applications for spring 2024 is December 15th. Parents/students must submit their applications to the school their child will be attending during the 2023-24 school year.
Please reach out to Justin Green (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any additional questions.
HOW TO APPLY:
HOW TO APPLY:
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Download and fill out the application completely, providing the following to the DJAMS Site Coordinator.
- “GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE INDEPENDENT PHYSICAL EDUCATION” (IPE) (Signed by Parent, Student & Coach)
- Weekly Practice Schedule
- Competition Schedule
- Printed & Highlighted Verification of Ranking or Level of Competition/Performance. (From a sanctioned independent ranking organization for the specific sport/activity.)
2. Email the completed information listed above to the DJAMS Site Coordinator for review.
The Site Coordinator will work through the application and will notify you and your student of whether or not your student has been admitted into IPE for the school year.
- IPE applications will be screened and approved prior to the start of the Semester.
- Approval notification will communicated from DJAMS Site Coordinator.
- Online PE course enrollment (upon site approval) will be sent to families from the IPE teacher explaining next steps.
- Application denials will also be messaged to families from the DJAMS Site Coordinator.